Monday 2 February 2015

January Favorites :)

So it's that time again where i tell you what i have been loving this month. I didn't do a December favorites because they were the same as my November favorites and i didn't really buy anything new because it was Christmas and i knew i was going to be getting some beauty products and things so i wanted to try them out. The majority of them are going to be featured in this post because i absolutely love them haha. This time it is going to be a bits of beauty products and also some fashion things that i have been loving so i think i should just get started instead of rambling on haha, hope you enjoy.

First off i will start with skincare I got this for Christmas and i was really happy with it and i still am and one of the main reasons why im happy with this because of the size of it and i have still got over half of it left and i have been using it since Christmas. It is the Garnier Micellar Water. I literally use this everyday once on a morning after i have washed my face and then to take my makeup off on a night, even if i haven't had makeup on i still use it on a night because it just cleans my skin so well and my skin has been feeling a lot nicer with this.

After i have been using the micellar water i go in with a toner and its been really working for my skin at the minuet and the one i use is the Simple Soothing toner. Just like the Micellar water i apply it onto a cotton pad and apply it all over my face. I have always used this but recently i have enjoyed using it a lot more.

Next is the Champneys facial cleansing system, i mentioned this product in one of my haul posts but recently i have been using it a lot more and my skin hasn't been great this month so i have been trying to find ways to make it better and this has definetly helped. I don't use the exfoliating head (black and white one) because i think it is a bit too harsh for my skin and when i used it previously there was a lot of redness and it was also quite sore. However the cleansing head is so much better and it is really soft and it gives me a really deep clean which i think my skin needs and it is better than using my hands.

This product kind of fits into the skin care category. It is a lip product, it is the Carmex lip balm. I have used this before but i used to use one that came in a pot and i mainly used this when i was in and around the house but i wanted one to take with me when im out because i get really chapped lips especially in the winter time so i got the squeezy tube one. I find it so much easier and a lot more hygienic because im not putting my fingers into a pot to apply it. 

So now to the beauty products of this month. First off is a few products from Benefit Cosmetics. I will start with the Hello Flawless foundation. I got this as a Christmas present and i actually think i am in love! Mine is in the shade Ivory - believe in me and it is such a good match for me, which is very lucky because i got it online.

Next from Benefit is the Hoola bronzer which i also got for Christmas. I love this because it is such a good colour for contouring with and it is perfect, i also love the brush that comes with it because it makes it easier to apply it so that it sculpts my cheek bones and then i just blend it out with my contour brush from Real Techniques.

The last thing from Benefit is the They're Real mascara, i had one of the little versions of this a while ago and then i found it in my makeup collection near the start of January and i remembered how much i loved it so i ended up buying another one but full size this time.

 The next makeup item is one i have had for a while too but i love it a lot more this month because i find it a lot easier to work with and i have a lot more control with it. This is the Makeup Revolution double flick thick and thin eyeliner. It has two ends both are pointed but one is thicker than the other. As i said i have a lot of control over this product when i am using it and i have found that it is a lot easier to get a good winged eyeliner with this rather than a gel eyeliner.

This product is also from Makeup Revolution but this is for your eyebrows, it is the brow dual ultra brow arch and shape. One side is similar to a pencil and the other is a felt tip. I love using the pencil side to fill in my brows and then using the felt tip to make my eyebrows sharper, the one that i got was the shade fair, the lightest one that they do. 

 The next product is a primer that i asked for for Christmas and i got it...yay haha. It is the Insta-Blur all in one primer from the Body Shop. I love this because it smooths out my skin and makes it a lot easier for my foundation to go on. It also makes my base makeup last for hours without it moving. 

This product isn't makeup but it does come up in the beauty category. This is the hair dye that i used recently and i am obsessed with the colour of my hair and how it turned out. I have used this dye before but in the pink shade and i was also very happy with that too. It lasts so long without it fading and they are so pigmented and bright it is unreal. This is the Schwarzkopf Live color XXL ultra brights in Purple Punk. The shade that i used for my pink hair was called shocking pink.
Another product i have been loving is for the bath, i am one for taking baths instead of showers but it does get annoying because i can't wash my hair when i am in the bath because of the colour and a lot of colour comes out when i was it so i have to do it separately. But the body wash that i have been loving this month is the Soap & Glory clean on me wash and it smells sooooo nice. I have got two of the travel sized ones because i got them in gift sets over Christmas. 

Another Soap & Glory product that i also got in the gift sets is the Scrub your life exfoliating scrub, im not one that exfoliates my body but i have been trying to do it a lot more this year. I really love this product and again it smells really nice.

A Soap & Glory product that i don't use in the bath is the Hand Food, I get really dry hands because i use them all the time and they always feel awful but since getting this and using it they have now gone it a much better condition, and again it smells nice haha.

So onto the fashion products that i have been loving and first up is my Uggs, iv had them quite a while but i never really wore them but because it has been near enough a dry winter iv been wearing them a lot more. The ones i have are just the classic chestnut boot but i do love them and they are my go to shoes when i am being lazy or just going to work or the shop etc.

Next is my big coat i did get this around the start of december but i have loved it a lot more this month because i have been getting ill a lot recently and iv always been cold so i have been wearing this wherever i go haha. I got this from Topshop and it is just a padded parka coat and it sort of has a wool like lining and a faux fur hood in cream and then gold detailing.




















Next is my lack skinny jeans that i got from Primark, i haven't got a picture of them but you all know what black skinny jeans look like haha. I have been wearing them with everything lately, normally i wear black leggings but because its a lot colder i have switched to jeans instead. I was really happy when i got these because i can never find them in a short leg and they are all normally too long for me because i am so short but i finally found them.

I have really been loving knitted jumpers this month and i actually cannot get enough of them and i have wore this one so much that i can't actually wear it anymore because its gone all bitty from washing it so much. This is a chunky knitted contrast jumper from New Look. So because i can't wear this anymore i got it in a different colour, you can go see that on my collective haul post.
I hope you enjoyed this post guys, and thanks for reading :)

Danielleomfg

No comments:

Post a Comment